Welcome to our blog post on “Are Skechers Washable?” Skechers shoes have been a popular choice for many due to their stylish design and comfortable fit. But when it comes to cleaning, you might wonder if these shoes are washable or not. Whether you’re a fitness enthusiast who needs to clean your Skechers after a rigorous workout, or you’re simply looking to maintain the appearance of your shoes, this post will answer all your questions about whether or not Skechers are washable. So, let’s dive in and find out!
Are Skechers Washable?
The short answer is yes, most Skechers shoes are washable. However, following the proper washing instructions for each type of shoe is essential to avoid damaging them. Let’s explore the different types of Skechers and their specific cleaning recommendations.
Types of Skechers
Skechers offers various shoe styles to suit various activities and preferences. Here are three major categories:
Performance Skechers are designed for sports, exercise, and other physical activities. These shoes are typically made with synthetic materials and mesh, making them suitable for machine washing. Be sure to check the label on your specific pair for any washing restrictions.
Lifestyle Skechers are more focused on fashion and everyday wear. These shoes can be made from leather, suede, and canvas. Some of these materials may require special care, so always consult the care instructions on the label before attempting to wash them.
Skechers also offers a variety of shoes for children. These shoes are generally machine washable, but it’s best to check the label for any specific care instructions.
Prepping Your Shoes
Before washing your Skechers, remove any loose dirt or debris by gently brushing the surface with a soft-bristled brush. Next, remove the insoles and laces to wash them separately. This will ensure thorough cleaning of all parts of your shoes.
For machine-washable Skechers, please place them in a mesh laundry bag to protect them during the wash. Use a gentle cycle with cold water and mild-detergent. Avoid using bleach or fabric softeners, which can damage the materials and colors.
If your Skechers aren’t machine-washable, you can hand wash them using a soft brush, mild detergent, and cold water. Gently scrub the surface of the shoes, focusing on any stained or soiled areas. Rinse thoroughly with cold water to remove any soap residue.
After washing, do not put your Skechers in the dryer, as the heat can cause damage to the materials. Instead, let them air dry at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat sources. Stuff your shoes with paper towels or clean rags to help maintain their shape and absorb excess moisture. Remember to replace the insoles and laces once the shoes are completely dry.
Benefits of Washing Skechers
Keeping your Skechers clean has several benefits:
Regularly washing your shoes helps to keep them smelling fresh and looking their best. This is particularly important for shoes frequently exposed to sweat, dirt, and other contaminants during physical activities or outdoor wear.
Proper care and cleaning can extend the lifespan of your Skechers by preventing the buildup of dirt, grime, and bacteria that can degrade the materials over time.
Washing your shoes can help eliminate odor-causing bacteria and keep your feet-feeling and smelling fresh. This is especially important for athletic shoes, which can become breeding-grounds for bacteria if not properly cleaned.
Regularly washing your Skechers helps maintain a clean and healthy environment for your feet. Clean shoes can reduce the risk of fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot, which thrive in warm, damp conditions.
Extra Tips for Cleaning Skechers
- For leather or suede Skechers, use a specialized cleaner and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to avoid damaging the material.
- Spot-clean any minor stains or spills immediately to prevent them from setting into the fabric.
- Use a fabric protector spray to shield your Skechers from water, stains, and dirt.
- Rotate your shoes and allow them to air out between wears to prevent the buildup of moisture and odors.
How to Wash Skechers Go Walk in Washing machine?
Washing your Skechers Go Walk shoes in a washing machine can be a convenient way to clean them, but it’s essential to do it correctly to avoid damaging the shoes. Here is a step-by-step complete guide on how to wash your Skechers Go Walk shoes in a washing machine:
- Remove loose dirt or debris from the shoes with a soft bristled brush or a damp cloth.
- Remove the insoles from the shoes and set them aside.
- Place the shoes in a laundry bag or a pillowcase. This will help protect them from getting damaged during the wash cycle.
- Add a small amount of mild-laundry detergent to the washing machine. Use a gentle cycle with cold water.
- Put the shoes, laundry bag/pillowcase into the washing machine and start the cycle.
- Once the cycle is complete, remove the shoes from the washing machine.
- Allow the shoes to air dry completely. Please do not put them in the dryer, which can damage the shoes.
- Once the shoes are dry, put the insoles back in and wear them as usual.
How to Wash Skechers Memory Foam Shoes
Sure, here is a step-by-step guide on how to wash Skechers memory foam shoes:
- Remove any dirt & debris from the shoes using a soft-bristled brush or a dry cloth.
- Prepare a solution of warm-water and mild detergent. You can use dish soap or detergent.
- Dip a clean soft cloth into the solution and wring out the excess water. The cloth or sponge should be damp but not soaking wet.
- Gently scrub the shoes with a damp cloth or sponge, particularly in areas with stains or dirt buildup.
- Rinse the shoes with clean water to remove any soap residue. You can do this by wiping them down with a damp cloth or running them under a faucet or showerhead.
- Stuff the shoes with clean towels or paper towels to help them retain their shape while they dry.
- Air dry the shoes in a well-ventilated area, away from direct sunlight or heat sources. It may take several hours or overnight for the shoes to dry completely.
- Once the shoes are dry, you can fluff the memory foam by gently pressing and releasing it with your fingers.
In conclusion, most Skechers are washable, but it’s essential to follow the specific care instructions for your particular pair to maintain their quality and longevity. Regularly cleaning your Skechers can help keep them looking and smelling fresh, extend their lifespan, and promote better foot hygiene.
Can I put my Skechers in the dryer?
No, putting your Skechers in the dryer is not recommended, as the heat can damage the materials. Instead, air dry your shoes at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat sources.
How often should I wash my Skechers?
The frequency of washing your Skechers depends on your usage and personal preferences. If you wear them for sports or physical activities, you may need to wash them more frequently than if you use them for casual wear.
Can I use bleach on my Skechers?
Using bleach on your Skechers is not recommended, as it can cause discoloration and damage to the materials. Stick to mild detergent and cold water for cleaning.
Can I wash my Skechers with other clothing items?
It’s best to wash your Skechers separately or with similar items, like towels, to avoid any potential damage to delicate clothing. Be sure to place your shoes in a mesh laundry bag to protect them during the wash.
How can I prevent my Skechers from smelling bad?
To prevent odors, regularly clean your shoes, rotate your footwear to allow them to air out between wears, and consider using odor-absorbing insoles or shoe fresheners.